Mark J. Kuhar
Since 1993, Mr. Kuhar has served the employment-related needs of private and public employers throughout the region. He routinely assists employers in establishing and maintaining employment policies and frequently trains supervisors and other employees. He prepares executive employment contracts and severance agreements. He also negotiates with unions on behalf of employers. His practice has an emphasis on the defense of EEO claims and the litigation of employment claims.
- Manages employer responses to union organizing activities and campaigns at several manufacturers.
- Successfully defended a school district in a federal trial over a request for religious accommodation resulting from the implementation of a new school security system.
- Successfully defended a school district in a federal trial over a claim of race and ethnicity-based discrimination in hiring decisions.
- Conducted successful contract negotiations, which included withdrawal from the union pension fund and several other critical issues at a manufacturing company. The company’s employees subsequently participated in an election which led to the decertification of the union.
- Conducted an aggressive union avoidance campaign at a food retailer which resulted in the union’s withdrawal of its petition.
- Worked closely with an employer through its employee's decertification of its long-time union.
- Firm's Workplace Law Forum, November 2013
- Pennsylvania Open Records Act Seminar
- Firm's Litigation & Workers’ Compensation Seminar
- Firm's Municipal Law Symposium
- Frequent guest lecturer at Gannon University
- Sexual harassment training
- Union avoidance training
Community & Professional Service
- Erie Zoological Society, Volunteer Solicitor
- United Way of Erie County, Volunteer Solicitor
- Erie Catholic Preparatory School, Board Member
- St. George Church, Finance Council and School Board Member
- Labor and Employment Group, Vice Chair
- Personnel Committee, Member
- Strategic Planning Committee, Member