Ashley M. Mulryan
Ashley concentrates her practice on bankruptcy, creditors’ rights and business reorganization. She assists clients in navigating various insolvency matters including loan workouts, chapter 11 proceedings, and complex chapter 7 matters where she represents debtors, creditors, and creditors’ committees. In her first year of practice, Ashley drafted two chapter 11 plans, both of which are confirmed.
While in law school, Ashley was an executive notes editor for Health Matrix: Journal of Law-Medicine and externed with Judge Arthur Harris of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio, among other activities. She received the Marvin and Sue Sicherman Excellence in Bankruptcy Award as well.
Ashley is active in nonprofit and community organizations including PACA, Erie Philharmonic Chorus, and Young Erie Professionals. She speaks conversational Spanish.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., Bankruptcy Moot Court Team Health Matrix, Journal of Law and Medicine Executive Notes Editor
- Allegheny College, B.A., cum laude, Alden Scholar, Dean’s List
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Drafted two chapter 11 plans in first year of practice, both of which are confirmed
- Drafted motions, mediation statements, and Chapter 11 plan documents for attorney review as summer associate
- Served as a certified legal intern at the Case Western Community Development Clinic, representing small businesses in the greater Ohio community
- Attended various bankruptcy hearings and trials
- Conducted research and drafted memoranda on a variety of issues while a law clerk for an Ohio law firm during law school
- Served as a volunteer intern for Legal Assistance of Western New York
- Marvin and Sue Sicherman Excellence in Bankruptcy Award, Case Western Reserve University School of Law
Community and Professional Service
- PACA (Performing Artists Collective Alliance), Board Member
- Kappa Alpha Theta Chapter at Allegheny College, Advisory Board Member
- Young Erie Professionals (YEP), Member
- Erie Philharmonic Chorus, Member
- Erie County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section Chair
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, Western Pennsylvania Chapter
- Knox Law's Professional Advisor Symposium, October 2021 and 2022
- Insolvency from Both Sides: Companies in the Shadow of Bankruptcy, and Collection Tool Box for Creditors, Knox Law Seminar, May 2022