Edward C. Spontak
With over 20 years of experience in the Pittsburgh legal market, Edward represents clients in litigation, estate planning & administration, business & tax, and real estate matters out of our Pittsburgh office.
Edward’s litigation experience includes complex matters regarding commercial and contract disputes, construction, environmental issues, and estate, guardianship and fiduciary issues. His estate planning & administration experience includes family trusts, credit shelter trusts, special needs trusts, insurance trusts, charitable remainder trusts, guardianships, and elder law matters. His business & tax experience includes business formation, succession planning, and issues concerning 501(c)(3) exempt status for nonprofit organizations. His real estate experience includes land use and oil & gas matters.
Edward is active in the Allegheny County Bar Association and has volunteered in its Will for Heroes program.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D.
- Syracuse University, B.S., magna cum laude; Omicron Delta Epsilon Economics Honor Society; Beta Gamma Sigma Management Honor Society
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
Community and Professional Service
- Ross Township Athletic Advisory Board, Treasurer/Officer (2021-present)
- Point Park University, Adjunct Professor
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Probate and Trust Law Section; Civil Litigation Section; Volunteer for Wills for Heroes Program; Past Chair of ACBA VIP Program
- Washington County Bar Association
- PBI Employment Law Institute West: Procedural Steps for Determination of Disability and Reasonable Accommodations Under the ADA, 2019
- Pennsylvania Estate Administration Fundamentals, 2018
- Rivers Club Executive Series Luncheon, Estate Planning & Probate Issues, 2016
- Allegheny County Bar Association Symposium on Oil & Gas Law Issues, 2012
- Pittsburgh Paralegal Association, Oil & Gas Law Issues