2020 Professional Advisor Symposium - WEBINARS
Thursday, Oct. 1 • 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 8 • 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 15 • 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 22 • 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 29 • 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Continuing education for accounting, financial and insurance professionals.
Every Thursday in October 2020
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. (1 hour)
*See session details below.
There is no fee for these webinars.
*NEW* - All registrants will receive a special MEAL DEAL from a restaurant in either Erie or Pittsburgh. Registered attendees will receive information on how to redeem.
Questions? Contact Sarah Holland at (814) 459-2800.
Oct. 1: It's Just a Deed, Isn't It Simple? And To LLC or Not
- Speakers: Frances McCormick and Tom Hoffman
- Ms. McCormick will discuss issues that can arise during the transfer of a property - even when you think it will be simple. Then, Mr. Hoffman will review when and why to use an LLC structure for various assets and investments.
Oct. 8: How Long-Term Care Insurance Enhances Asset Protection
- Speakers: Jerry Wegley and John Bartlett
- Learn how long-term care insurance policies can enhance asset protection when an insured requires covered care. Includes a brief history of long-term care insurance and the evolution into hybrid or combination policies, as well as a review of specific examples based on various coverage situations.
Oct. 15: Disclaimers in Estate Planning & Administration: Learning How and When to Say NO
- Speaker: Jeff Scibetta
- Understand the concept of disclaimers and the requirements that apply at both the state and federal level for making an effective disclaimer. Examples will be provided to show how disclaimers can be a useful post-mortem planning tool.
Oct. 22: Hidden Deferred Compensation Arrangements: What You Need to Know
- Speaker: Nadia Havard
- Learn about the pitfalls of hidden deferred compensation arrangements, identify problems associated with them based on real life examples, and discuss consequences of noncompliance with Section 409A.
Oct. 29: 25 Legal Tips in 50 Minutes: An Experiment in Brevity
- Speakers: John Bartlett, Elliott Ehrenreich, Mark Wassell & Neal Devlin
- Can our attorneys provide relevant legal information in two minutes or less? This fast-paced panel will offer brief tips on elder law & Medicaid issues; force majeure contract provisions; labor & employment issues; and litigation.
Each webinar has been approved for 1.0 hour of continuing education for: CFPs, CTFA, CIMA/CPWA, CPAs (in PA, NY and OH) and those with the Pennsylvania Insurance designation. See more details via the document below.
There is no fee for these webinars, which will be administered via GoToWebinar.
To obtain credits, we require attendees to:
- Register in advance to obtain a personalized invitation URL
- Provide your license number, if needed
- Be attentive during webinar (as monitored by Knox Law staff)
- Answer all three poll questions posted during webinar (to verify attendance).
Knox Law will provide an evaluation form after each session.
There is no fee for these webinars.
What People Are Saying
"Very informative and organized. Interesting topics that pertain to my profession." - 2019 CPA attendee
"Speakers not only explain topics, but also provide advice on how to handle issues in daily practice." - 2019 attendee
"Very informative - timely and helpful topics covered." - 2019 attendee
"Good variety of topics. Well run. Sessions ran on time." - 2019 attendee
"Speakers were very engaging." - 2018 attendee
"I thought the symposium was great!" - 2017 attendee
"All sessions I attended were excellent." - 2017 attendee
"Relevant information that we can use in our day-to-day business." - 2016 attendee
"Relevant topics - different issues than most CPE courses offer." - 2016 attendee
"Knowledgeable speakers, excellent symposium, practical concepts and ideas." - 2015 attendee