The attorneys in the Litigation Group at Knox McLaughlin Gornall & Sennett, P.C. are full-time litigators who practice in state and federal courts as well as in administrative agencies. Our litigators also provide representation in alternative dispute resolution forums such as arbitration and mediation.
We handle a wide range of matters including commercial and corporate disputes, professional and product liability matters, and governmental matters, including public education issues.
In addition to managing the complexities of the litigation process for clients, we also serve as a complement to the other groups of the firm, providing a litigator’s perspective when necessary to solve the unique challenges that clients face.
We are intimately familiar with the litigation process, from trial by judge or jury to briefing and argument before appellate courts. We understand what it takes to win a case and what it means to pursue a client's goals aggressively.
At the same time, we also understand that litigation can be an expensive and difficult experience for a client, and litigation, or at least litigation to the conclusion of a matter, is often not the answer to the problem. We always focus on clients’ individual goals and how they can best be achieved. We understand that negotiation and alternative dispute resolution are often preferable to protracted litigation.
Commercial, Corporate, and Contract
- Uniform Commercial Code
- Breach of Contract
- Shareholder disputes
- Unfair competition
- Tax controversies
- Employment discrimination defense
- Restrictive covenants
- Trademark and copyright litigation
- Domain name disputes
- Civil rights and constitutional litigation
- Sunshine Act and Right-to-Know litigation
Tort and Insurance Defense and Coverage
- Third party liability disputes
- Declaratory judgments
- Property damage matters
- First party benefit disputes
- Automobile liability
- Commercial liability
- Product liability
Medical and Professional Liability Defense
- Healthcare professionals and allied healthcare professionals
- Podiatric surgery and care
- Medical devices and their application
- Long-term care facilities, hospitals, and ambulatory surgery centers
- Engineering, construction, accounting, and law
- Risk management counsel and training
Contact: Bryan G. Baumann
814-923-4824 • Send an email
Contact: Neal R. Devlin
814-923-4841 • Send an email