Public Finance & Bonds
Knox McLaughlin Gornall & Sennett, P.C. has served borrowers, banks, and underwriters in public finance transactions for over 35 years. We have been listed in The Bond Buyer's Municipal Marketplace ("Red Book") since 1975 and were the first northwestern Pennsylvania firm so listed.
Members of the firm have been active in the Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers (three as president) and the National Association of Bond Lawyers. We have served as bond counsel in over a dozen Pennsylvania counties and as bank counsel in transactions throughout Pennsylvania, as well as in western New York and northeastern Ohio.
In the past two decades, we have given tax opinions in over 400 transactions aggregating nearly $4 billion dollars in principal amount. These projects have been undertaken for hospitals, long term care facilities, colleges and universities, manufacturers, cultural institutions, and human services agencies in the private and nonprofit sectors; as well as for counties, school districts, municipalities, and municipal authorities in general obligation, revenue, and tax anticipation issues in the public sector.
Our Public Finance Attorneys:
- Serve as bond, bank, and underwriter counsel
- Secure required approvals under the Local Government Unit Debt Act
- Document finance transactions for general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, tax and revenue anticipation notes, specialized facilities bonds, and industrial development bonds
- Provide opinions regarding the validity, security, tax-exempt, and tax credit status of bonds, notes, and leases
- Assist in reviewing official statements to ensure compliance with federal securities disclosure laws
- Monitor arbitrage regulations
- Advise borrowers on federal compliance issues
Contact: Timothy M. Sennett
814-923-4895 • Send an email