Philip J. Seaver-Hall
Philip is a full-time litigation attorney who helps guide his clients through complicated civil disputes. He is well versed in a broad array of subject matters including contract and personal injury disputes, business litigation, employment discrimination claims, and constitutional and civil rights cases.
Philip graduated with Woolsack Society honors from Penn State University’s Dickinson School of Law. During law school, he served as a federal judicial intern to Chief Judge Christopher C. Conner and Judge Yvette Kane at the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. Before law school, Philip was an accomplished classical musician who routinely worked with Grammy Award- and Juno Award-winning musicians. He has performed in hundreds of concerts throughout the United States—including at Carnegie Hall—as well as in Canada and Italy.
Philip’s mission is to advise and advocate for his clients expertly, efficiently, ethically, and empathetically in all stages of a case, from pretrial to appeal.
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D.
Certificate in Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Woolsack Honor Society
The Order of Barristers
Associate Editor of Jus Gentium, The Journal of International Legal History
Moot Court Board
Class Representative for Women's Law Caucus
Research Assistant to Emeritus Dean Gary S. Gildin (specialization: qualified immunity from constitutional tort liability)
- Mercer University, B.A., cum laude
McDuffie Center Presidential Scholar
National Political Science Honor Society
Vice President of Women's and Gender Studies Honor Society
Vice President of Pre-Law Society
Mock Trial Team
Principal Violist with Mercer University Orchestra
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Successfully litigated federal civil-rights trial on behalf of prisoner
- Obtained sanctions against government-affiliated defendants for the government's destruction of relevant evidence
- Drafted portion of Pennsylvania Supreme Court brief in complex oil and gas appeal
- Drafted dispositive motions in state and federal court
- Assisted with trial preparation in complex corporate shareholder litigation
- Researched constitutionality of municipal sign ordinance and advised client in client letter
- Drafted motion to enforce judgment and motion for sanctions
- Assisted in witness preparation for labor arbitration
- Researched and advised attorneys on various issues of labor law, education law, free speech law, civil and appellate procedure, etc.
- Researched governing law, drafted research memoranda and judicial opinions, and observed daily federal court proceedings as a judicial intern
- Guest blogger for Appellate Advocacy Blog: Using Non-Precedential Opinions: A Practical, Cautionary Guide and "This is Not Proper Appellate Advocacy": Third Circuit Slaps Sanctions on Attorney Who Copied and Pasted Trial Court Briefs
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards (Federal Courts; First Amendment; Sales Law; Wills, Trusts, and Estates; Conflict of Laws; Legal Argument and Factual Persuasion), Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law
- "Best Brief" Award and Semifinalist - ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Brooklyn Regional
- #1 Best Defense Advocate Award - Intra-School Mock Trial Competition, Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law
- Erie County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Legal Academics Committee Member