Frances A. McCormick
Frances focuses her practice in the areas of business & tax law, estate planning & administration, business succession planning, and real estate. She received her Juris Doctor and Masters in Business Administration degrees from Seton Hall University subsequent to earning a Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree from Villanova University. Prior to joining Knox Law, Frances worked at Deloitte & Touche LLP in Parsippany, New Jersey, preparing tax returns and planning strategies for corporations, partnerships, and individuals. She then joined an international real estate firm in Annapolis, Maryland. After 3 years in that office, she became managing director for the Middle East operation in Doha, Qatar. She currently serves Knox Law's Board of Directors as Treasurer and Secretary.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
- Seton Hall University Stillman School of Business, MBA
- Villanova University, B.S.
- New York
- Helped close the first New Markets Tax Credit deal in the Erie area, helping the Erie Center for Arts and Technology (ECAT) partner with Commonwealth Cornerstone Group on the transaction, which was in excess of $10 million
- Managed a $1 billion real estate portfolio in Doha, Qatar
- Served as a lead tax services associate for Deloitte & Touche LLP in Parsippany, N.J.
Community and Professional Service
- Erie Homes for Children and Adults (EHCA), Board Member
- Mercyhurst University Walker School of Business and Communication, Advisory Board Member
- Erie County Bar Association, Board Member; Women’s Division Leadership Committee Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Firm's Annual Professional Advisor Symposium, October 2014, 2015, 2017-2020
- Business Succession Seminar, July 2018
- UPMC Hamot Spring Educational Session, May 2014
Articles and Publications
- Buying or Selling a Business for the First Time: Navigating Uncharted Territory
- Durable Powers of Attorney: What They Are and Why All Clients Need Them
- Estate Planning for the Rest of Us: Planning for Estates with Less Than $10M
- Irrevocable Trust Flexibility: Is Anything Really Irrevocable Anymore?
- It's Just a Deed, Isn't It Simple?
- Tips for Estate Planning With Blended Families
- 9 Knox Law Attorneys Selected for 2021 PA Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- Frances A. McCormick Helps Close First New Markets Tax Credit Deal in Erie Area
- 9 Knox Law Attorneys Selected for 2020 PA Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- Frances A. McCormick Elected to Knox Law Board of Directors
- 8 Knox Law Attorneys Selected for 2019 PA Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- Frances A. McCormick is Knox Law's Newest Shareholder
- Attorneys Wegley, Scibetta and McCormick Participate in Estate Planning Panel for Hamot Health Foundation
- Knox Attorneys Active in Erie County Bar Association
- Knox Attorneys Present to UPMC Hamot Employees