- Practice Areas
- Business & Tax
- Mergers & Acquisitions Process Overview: 5-Part Series
Mergers & Acquisitions Process Overview: 5-Part Series
The Mergers & Acquisitions Process Overview Series is a sequence of five articles about the purchase and sale process, which are all linked below.
It is intended to provide business owners with a broad overview of the transaction process and answer some of the questions that are frequently asked:
- What is involved in a purchase/sale transaction?
- What should I be looking for as a seller/buyer?
- What is this due diligence process I’ve heard about and how do I handle it?
- How is the acquisition agreement negotiated?
- What are some suggestions for post-closing integration to enhance the prospects for success?
- Part 1: Triggers for buyers and sellers, generally, and the process by which they come together
- Part 2: Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Part 3: Due Diligence process
- Part 4: Acquisition Agreement content and negotiation
- Part 5: Ancillary Closing Documents and post-closing techniques for a successful transition
If you are considering a purchase or sale we would be happy to work with you in the process. Please contact Dave Mosier or Bill Helbling, or call us at 814-459-2800.